Yesterday I was clever,
so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise,
so I am changing myself
Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:
“I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,” he told CNBC. “You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election
(please read on… it’ll only take a couple minutes)
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971… before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.
Warren Buffet is asking everyone who receives or sees this, to post it or send it to a minimum of twenty people and in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have received the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. ***All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. ..Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.***
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!! !
If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete. You are one of my 20+.. Please keep it going.
To survive you’ve got to depend on each other,
that’s the way. If we didn’t get along a long time ago,
and if the people didn’t agree and come together
and help one another, we wouldn’t have survived the hardships.
So, we have to learn to bring that back.
We have to learn how to put our differences aside
rather than getting into “this person has more money”
or “that person has more money”,
or, “this person has more knowledge”
or “that person has more knowledge”.
We have to learn to get along.
We don’t have time to be arguing and putting each other down,
there’s no time for that anymore
~Nathan Chasing Horse – Lakota (via Aurora Meadow Sosa)
A true shaman is not a self-promoter.
A true shaman does not bask in the limelight.
A true shaman is not self-glorifying.
A true shaman does not seek publicity and fame.
A true shaman does not seek followers.
A true shaman does not practice Capitalism.
A true shaman does not write books.
A true shaman does not explain or define the Mystery.
A true shaman is not concerned with the chemical processes involved in ceremony.
A true shaman is humble and self-effacing.
A true shaman has a fluid, inscrutable character vis a vis others.
A true shaman listens more than expounds.
A true shaman sees the transitory nature of this existence.
A true shaman is detached from the world around him/her.
A true shaman has little concern for money or money matters.
A true shaman sees the shallowness and folly of those with the loudest, most public voices.
Look beyond the surface – do not confuse a sorcerer with a shaman